All applicants must have the following before being considered by the Board of Advisors for the Equi-First Aid ELDPI course:
1. Must be over the age of 18 and a high school graduate or acceptable level of experience and education.
2. Must have significant experience and comfort in handling and working with horses and/or livestock. This may be in a specific sport or discipline, breeding background, pleasure rider, groom, police work, or the like.
3. Must be able to participate in learning situations that require skills in observation, visual, auditory and tactile information gathering.
4. Must demonstrate the ability to safely perform hands on, lively activities with live horses and/or livestock.
5. Must demonstrate the application of good judgement and prompt completion of all responsibilities attendant to the care and safety of both horse and human.
6. Must adhere to the ELDPI Code of Ethics.
7. Must not be on any medications, pain relievers, or pharmaceuticals that would impair reaction time, judgement or the ability to keep students safe at all times.
8. Must be able to physically complete a 8-10 hour day on their feet with live animals, physical activity and possibly heavy lifting.
9. Must complete the application form in full and pay course fees prior to training date.
*Application does not guarantee acceptance. Tuition refunds will NOT be issued to failed students, or students who withdraw from the program.
*Application does not guarantee acceptance. Refunds will not be issued to failed students.